Best Sewing Machine for Beginners under $100-$200-Start Cheap!!
So you or a friend or relative wants to start sewing, but doesn’t want to break the bank. Today, we are going to review the best sewing machine for beginners under $100-$200. This way, you can get into the great hobby of sewing, but not spend a lot. That way, if you see that sewing is not for you (even though we think you are going to love it), you aren’t spending a lot of your hard earned money.
If you are in a hurry, you can CLICK HERE to be directed to our top pick. If you have some time, please keep reading our review.
Please note: All of these sewing machines in our article were under $100 at the time of this writing. Unfortunately, we can’t control price increases.
- 1 What To Look For When Shopping For The Best Sewing Machine For Beginners Under $100-$200
- 2 Best Sewing Machine Under $100 Comparison Table
- 3 Features of the Brother XM2701–Our Top Pick!!!
- 4 User Impressions
- 5 Conclusion
What To Look For When Shopping For The Best Sewing Machine For Beginners Under $100-$200
If you are a beginner to the fine art of sewing, you probably are looking for some direction in purchasing a new sewing machine. There are a couple of things that you need to look for when you are looking to purchase a sewing machine for the first time.
–Cost- obviously if you are just getting into the awesome hobby of sewing, you want a decent machine that won’t break the bank. That is one of the main reasons we did this review. We certainly don’t want to steer you towards a sewing machine that is too expensive or too powerful for what you want to do.
–Built in Stitches- Although most of the beginning projects you are going to do are just going to have a straight stitch, eventually you will get better at this and want to experiment with different stitches. The table above gives you the number of built in stitches of each machine.
–What are you going to use the sewing machine for- other than cost, this may be the most important feature. If you are just a beginner that wants to learn how to sew or do small home projects, then a machine under $100-$200 is perfect for you. But if you are looking to sew leather, than you need something more powerful than the list above.
–Easy to use- Obviously you don’t want to purchase your first sewing machine and then spend all day trying to figure out how to use it!!! You want a sewing machine that basically works right away.
Best Sewing Machine Under $100 Comparison Table
Features of the Brother XM2701–Our Top Pick!!!
Of all the sewing machines that we reviewed, the Brother XM2701 was far and away our top choice. It basically blew away the others by a landslide. Here are some of the features of the Brother XM2701-
- Great company- Brother has been around since 1908 and is one of the most recognized sewing machine name brands in the industry.
- Price-the price will fluctuate a little, but as of this article, the Brother XM2701 was well under $100
- Easy to use-The users manual is very easy to read and has great diagrams to follow. The DVD that comes with it makes setting up the machine very easy. You can also search You Tube for setup instructions for the Brother XM2701 if you want.
- 27 built in stitches- like we said above, most of your beginning projects are going to use the straight stitch, but as you get better at sewing, you may want to venture into harder projects with different stitches. The Brother XM2701 offers you 27 different built in stitches to try and master.
- Automatic needle threader- talk about easy to use!!! Do any of you remember the days that you had to basically eyeball the needle hole and try to put the thread through the needle? It was very painful at times. The automatic needle threader makes it very easy for a beginner to handle this.
If you are interested in purchasing a Brother XM2701 sewing machine, please CLICK HERE
One of things that we like to do when we are reviewing our sewing machines is to check out what other users are saying about a certain sewing machine. That way you can see other reviews to help you with your decisions. Below is a small sample of the pros and cons that others are saying about the Brother XM2701
- Easy to use
- Button holer is easy to use
- Needle threader
- Clear bobbin cover to see when thread is out
- Easy set up
- 6 presser feet for different thickness of fabrics
- Well built
- Great beginner DVD
- LED lighting is too dim for some people
- Foot pedal is touchy
- Foot lift is in a weird place for some people
If you are interested in reading all of the reviews on Amazon, you can CLICK HERE
Well, we hope you enjoyed our article on the best sewing machine for beginners under $100. We enjoyed writing it. We also hope it helped you in your decision if you are looking to purchase a sewing machine. If you are interested in seeing more information on the Brother XM2701, you can click here and be directed over to Amazon. Thanks again for stopping by our website!!!!
Categorised in: Articles