The Best Sewing Machine for Thick Fabrics and Leather Bag Making!!
If there is one thing we learned in our many years of sewing is that you need the right sewing machine for the right job. For instance, if you are going to sew thick fabrics or leather bags, you really, really need the best sewing machine for thick fabrics and leather bag making. You can’t just take an everyday sewing machine and expect it to do the job. It will cause you more hassle than its worth. It not only may not work, but it could ruin your existing sewing machine.
Today, we are going to review our top pick for sewing thick fabrics. Again, if you are in a hurry, you can check out our top pick if you CLICK HERE. If you have some time, please keep reading.
Check Out These Great Sewing Machines for Thick Fabric!!
|Name/Image||Learn More||Rating||Warranty||Weight||Built In Stitches|
Juki TL-2010Q Sewing Machine
|CLICK FOR PRICEFULL REVIEW||1 year||37.9 lbs|
SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Model Sewing Machine
|CLICK FOR PRICEFULL REVIEW||1 year||14.5 lbs|
Sailrite Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
|CLICK FOR PRICEFULL REVIEW||2 years||55 lbs|
Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
|CLICK FOR PRICEFULL REVIEW||1 year||23 lbs|
Features of The Best Sewing Machine for Thick Fabrics and Leather Bag Making
To handle a tougher job like sewing thick fabrics, you need a sewing machine with certain features and characteristics. You can’t just buy the cheapest sewing machine and expect it to do the job of a heavy duty sewing machine. Here are some features you need to look for:
- Weight-for sewing through multiple layers of fabric or sewing through thick fabric, you need a sewing machine that can handle the job. Those sewing machines usually weigh over 15 lbs. Although they are not as portable as other sewing machines, you need the machine to be sturdier so you don’t knock it over with the heavier fabrics!
- Strong Motor– to get through thicker fabrics like denim and leather, the motor has to be powerful enough to push the needle through the fabric. A lot of the stronger motors are also louder than others.
- Extra high presser foot lift– In order to sew either multiple layers of fabric or thick fabrics, you need to be able to fit them under the presser foot without any problems. This is a very important feature.
- Leveling button– you really need the leveling button on your sewing machine. It lets you adjust to any change in thickness. Another very important feature.
Features of The Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine-Our Top Pick!
- Weight– like we told you above, to handle a bigger job, you need a bigger, heavier sewing machine. The Janome HD 3000 weighs 18.7 lbs and comes with a heavy duty aluminum body. Perfect for any heavy duty job.
- Strong Motor– The Janome HD3000 comes equipped with a very strong motor that can power through multiple layers of fabric and thicker fabrics with ease.
- Extra high presser foot lift-the HD3000 comes with an extra high presser foot lift capable of fitting thicker fabrics like coats in it.
- Built in Thread Cutter– although this is not a feature needed to sew heavy fabrics, it is nice to have. Gone are the days when you have to go and get the scissors!
- Automatic Needle Threader– Another great feature of the Janome HD3000. Back in the old days, I used to hate trying to manually thread a needle. The auto threader makes life so much easier.
- Drop in Bobbin Case– this feature makes the bobbin less likely to jam than the front loading. This way you can sew worry free and not worry about jamming!! The see through plate also makes it easy to see the bobbin as it runs out.
- Presser Foot Pressure Dial– this is an awesome feature to have, especially when you are sewing different fabrics!
Here is a really nice (quick!) video on the Janome HD3000
User Impressions of the Janome HD3000
We also love to read what others are saying about the sewing machines we review. If you are interested in reading the reviews on Amazon, CLICK HERE. Otherwise, here is a list of pros and cons about the Janome HD 3000. Some of the pros and cons are listed in our article above, so you can see that other users agree with us!!
- Built in needle threader
- Thread cutter
- Easy snap on presser feet
- Includes hard cover
- Great for thicker fabrics
- Storage compartments
- Presser foot pressure dial
- 18 stitches
- Top loading (and jam proof) bobbin
- One step buttonhole
- Easy to read manual
- Easy to use
- Lighting is a little dim
- Takes only plastic bobbins
- Auto threader is a little flimsy. Takes time to get used to.
Well, we hope that you enjoyed our product review of the Janome HD3000 as much as we did reviewing it! We really like this machine. It is great for beginners and advanced users who are looking for a heavy duty sewing machine. The other sewing machines in the table above are great sewing machines, but when it came down to price and what the HD3000 can do for the price, it was our top pick for the best sewing machine for thick fabrics and leather bag making. If we have convinced you and you want to purchase the Janome HD3000, you can CLICK HERE. Thanks again for stopping by our website!
Categorised in: Articles