How To Thread A Handheld Sewing Machine-Made Easy!
“Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these”
If you have purchased or are looking to purchase a handheld sewing machine, you are going to need to know how to thread it. A handheld sewing machine is perfect for a person that is on the go, but still needs some fabric repair. If you are a person that travels a lot for business or pleasure, you may run across an instance where you need to repair your clothes. Walking around a business meeting, family reunion or vacation destination with a missing button or a hole in your shirt will not look good. That is where the handheld sewing machine comes in. It is basically a sewing machine that fits in your hand and takes up very little space when traveling.
How to Thread a Handheld Sewing Machine
After you have taken your handheld sewing machine out of the box and put the batteries in you are going to need to thread it. There are different handheld sewing machines on the market, so these directions may not be exact for your handheld sewing machine.
Here are the steps involved in threading your handheld sewing machine:
- Take your bobbin, spindle and spring and connect them. The bobbin goes on the spindle and then the spring on the end of the spindle. Some handheld sewing machines do not come with a spring.
- Put the spindle with the spring and bobbin into the spindle hole on your handheld sewing machine. It should snap or lock in.
- Take the end of the thread from the bobbin and put it through the hole above the spindle.
- Then put the thread through the tension control knob.
- Then put the thread through the hole below the tension control knob.
- Then use the needle threader (most come with a needle threader) and thread through the needle.
- Pull the excess thread through the needle and you are ready to sew!!!!!
Here is a video of a handheld sewing machine in action!!!!
Always check your manual if you run into problems. Thanks for checking out my article on how to thread a handheld sewing machine.
Categorised in: How To