Looking For The Best Sewing Machine That Embroiders? Check Out Our Reviews!
If you are looking for the best sewing machine that embroiders, you have come to the right place. If you are in a hurry, please CLICK HERE to check out our top pick!!!! Otherwise, please continue reading our review. A lot of times a person wants to do both sewing and embroidery, but doesn’t want to buy a separate machine for both. It could be very costly. That is why we have researched (and used) different machines that do both. Here is what we found.
Top Features of The Best Sewing Machine That Embroiders
- User Friendly – the sewing and embroidery machine must be user friendly. It must be easy to thread and easy to use. This is very important for beginners who are just starting out. Also, the display must be easy to use and easy to read. It also must have an easy to read user manual.
- Computer Connectivity– the machine must have computer connectivity. It must be able to connect to the internet to import embroidery designs and to be able to update your machine!
- Price– one of the most important features is price. Obviously, we want a machine that does both sewing and embroidery, but at a decent price. There are plenty of excellent machines that are under $1000 that will do both. Any of the machines list in the comparison table above will do the job.
- Built in Stitches or Designs-I don’t mind trying to come up with my own design or stitch, but if the machine comes with built in designs (for embroidery) or built in stitches (for sewing), it makes life a whole lot easier. The more built in stitches or designs, the better.
- Support-if you are going to spend over $200 on something, you want to purchase it from a company that has excellent support. You don’t want to buy from a fly by night company that you can’t reach when you have an issue with your machine. This includes having an excellent website that you can go to first if you have a question or a problem with your machine.
The Brother SE400-Our Top Pick!
Of all the machines that we researched and used, the one that we like the best is the Brother SE-400 Sewing and Embroidery Machine. We told you in the paragraph above the features that are needed for a machine to do sewing and embroidery and the Brother SE-400 had all the features. The other machines in the table above all came in a close second. Here are the reasons we picked the Brother SE-400.
- User Friendly– This machine is perfect for a beginner who is just starting out. It is unbelievably easy to use. The self threader makes is so easy to thread that any newbie can do it. The manuals that come with it have very easy diagrams to follow.
- Computer Connectivity- The SE 400 comes with a USB cable and a computer port to plug it into, so you can connect to the internet and find even more designs. You also can connect to the internet to update your machine when updates are available.
- Price– Of all the machines that we researched, the Brother SE400 is the least expensive, so you won’t need to break the bank to purchase one.
- Built in Stitches or Designs – with 67 built in stitches for sewing and 70 built in designs for embroidery, the Brother SE400 is perfect for a beginner or advanced user. After you master all of these built in stitches and designs, you can connect to the internet and get even more!!!
- Support– buying a machine from a company like Brother is the way to go Their support website is easy to use and there is also a support phone number where you can talk to a live person.
Here is a really nice video of the Brother SE400
After using the Brother SE 400, talking to people who have used the machine and researching the machine, here are some of the pros and cons that we found to be true.
- The auto threader is awesome!
- Very easy to use
- Easy bobbin rethreading
- The USB cable makes it easy to transfer designs
- The CD that comes with machine is excellent
- Easy to read LCD screen
- The button hole attachment is excellent
- No carrying case
- You can’t buy a larger hoop for embroidery
- Internal memory is a little small
Well, thank you very much for staying with us during this review. We have enjoyed giving you information to hopefully help you with your purchase. Although the machines in the table above are excellent machines, we still feel that the Brother SE-400 Sewing and Embroidery Machine is the best. If you want to see even more information on the Brother SE-400, please CLICK HERE.
Categorised in: Sewing Machines