Which Sewing Machine is Best for Home Use?
“Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these”
Which sewing machine is best for home use? Well, that depends on what you are going to use the sewing machine for. Today, there are many reasons that a person would want to use a sewing machine at home. You may be a person that wants to upgrade from their old sewing machine. Or, you may be a person that wants to start their own business. Or, you may be starting out with a new hobby. Whatever reason you have for using a sewing machine at home, we hope we can help in your purchasing decision.
- 1 Which Sewing Machine is Best For Home Use-What To Look For
- 2 Best Sewing Machine for Home Use Comparison Table
- 3 Which Sewing Machine is Best For Home Use-Our Reviews
- 4 SINGER Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine
- 5 Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i
- 6 Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine
Which Sewing Machine is Best For Home Use-What To Look For
There are many features and things to look for when purchasing a sewing machine for home use. Depending on what you are going to use your sewing machine for, you need to make sure your machine has certain features. Here are some things to look for when you are going to make your decision on your sewing machine for home use:
- Price-obviously you don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for a sewing machine if you are just going to use it for a hobby. Make sure you research your sewing machines by reading reviews on the internet. They will tell you if the price you are about to pay is good or not.
- Speed/Power-if you want to sew leather or make denim jeans, you don’t want to buy a sewing machine that can’t handle the job. Doing this will not only break your sewing machine investment, but also could deter you from sewing. We don’t want that. Read reviews and see if the sewing machine that you want to purchase can handle the job you want to do.
- Availability-also, you want to make sure that the sewing machine that you want is available!!! If you are looking for a sewing machine in a certain color and size, you really have to do your research. You don’t want to wait 3-4 weeks for your sewing machine to arrive.
- Easy to use-if you are a beginner, you really want a sewing machine that is easy to assemble and easy to use right out of the box. Make sure you research this by checking out reviews and checking out Youtube videos. This is the best way to make sure that your sewing machine is right for you. If you are an advanced sewer, the easy to use option doesn’t really apply to you. You probably can handle most sewing machines.
- Brand name-make sure that you are purchasing a sewing machine from one of the larger sewing machine companies. Brother, Janome, and Singer are 3 of the larger sewing machine companies. They all have great customer service departments if something goes wrong with the sewing machine.
These are some of the important things to look for when you ask which sewing machine is best for home use. Please make sure to research these things before you make your purchase.
Best Sewing Machine for Home Use Comparison Table
Which Sewing Machine is Best For Home Use-Our Reviews
Now that we have given you the important things to look for when you are thinking of purchasing a sewing machine, we are going to give you our top 3 best sewing machines for home use. Because we don’t know exactly what you are going to use the sewing machine for, we are going to give you our top pick for the best heavy duty sewing machine for home use, a sewing machine that does both sewing and quilting and a lightweight sewing machine. So here are our reviews.
If you are looking to sew some heavy fabric at home like leather or denim, the Singer Heavy Duty 4423 sewing machine is for you. In our opinion, this is the best heavy duty sewing machine for home use. Here are some of the features we love about the Singer 4423:
- Auto needle threader-great for beginners
- Heavy duty machine
- Easy to use right out of the box
- Quiet so you can sew while kids or spouse is sleeping!
- 23 built in stitches
- 1100 stitches per minute
- Heavy duty frame
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- Drop in bobbin
- Can be used for leather and other heavy duty fabrics
- Not that great with quilting
Click Here to View the Singer 4423 on Amazon
Here is a nice video showing the Singer 4423 sewing jeans!!
The Brother CS6000i is one of the top selling sewing machines in the world and this one has a quilting option! This machine can do just about anything. There is a reason that it is one of the top sellers. Here are some of the great features we love about the Brother CS6000i:
- 60 built in stiches-great for beginners and home use.
- Has a easy to use stitch selector
- Easy to use right out of the box. Perfect for beginners and home use
- Automatic needle threader.
- Adjustable sewing speed for beginners or advanced sewers
- Wide table for quilting or bigger jobs.
- Top load bobbins
- Great company
- Snap on feet
- Works on different types of fabrics
- Comes with a lot of accessories
- Small accessory drawer
Click Here to View the Brother CS6000i on Amazon
Here is a nice video show features of the Brother CS6000i sewing machine
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine
Last but certainly not least on our list of which sewing machine is best for home use is the Brother XM2701. This is one of the best lightweight sewing machines on the market today. Here are some of the great features we love about the Brother XM2701:
- 27 stitches
- Great company
- 6 sewing feet
- Drop in top bobbin
- Easy to use out of the box
- Stitch selector dial
- Automatic needle threader
- Easy to follow instructional DVD
- Storage compartment for accessories
- LED light in work area
- A little loud
Click Here to View the Brother XM2701 on Amazon
Here is a great video showing the features of the Brother XM2701
Well, there you have it. We hope that we have helped you in some way and appreciate you stopping by our website. Thanks for checking out our article on which sewing machine is best for home use.
Categorised in: Sewing Machines